Hello, I hope you are well.
Today’s card is certainly a bright one and it was fun to make too…
To make this card I did the following:
- Cut 3 pieces of Tea Boutique designer series paper to measure
- 10 x 14 cm
- 8 x 12 cm
- 5 x 8 cm
- Glue all 3 pieces together
- Cut the DSP with one of the Deckled Rectangles dies
- use a larger die to cut a piece of Parakeet Party card
- then use the 2nd smallest Deckled Rectangles die to cut the centre from your Parakeet Party rectangle (just to save on card stock)
- glue the DSP rectangle onto the large card rectangle and then glue this back onto the DSP layer to cover up the hole you die cut
- use the smallest Deckled Rectangles dies to cut the DSP layer again
- glue this smallest rectangle to the Parakeet Party card rectangle you cut earlier
- glue both pieces back onto the DSP layer to cover up the hole you die cut
- glue all of this ‘patchwork’ piece onto a Parakeet Party card base (29 x 10.5 cm, scored & folded at 14.5 cm)
- stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment from Celebrate With Tags with Starry Sky ink onto Basic White card and then cut this with the smallest Deckled Rectangles die
- add some ribbon to the card base and then pop the sentiment over it with dimensionals
- finally add some In Color embellishments
So although it looks like there’s lots of layers on your card it’s not really all that much thicker than a standard card with only 1 rectangle being popped up with dimensionals…
This is another fun way to use up some of the smaller pieces of your pretty patterned papers.
Shop the products
I’ve listed the products I used for today’s card below. You can click on any of the links to see that product in my online shop.
If you spend £45 (before P&P) or more before 31 August 2022 you will earn a Sale-A-Bration free product. Don’t miss out on a freebie, shop now…
When you shop with me you’ll receive a handmade card and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code so that I can add in a free product to your customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List