As some of you may already know, I do some online and in person crafting sessions with my lovely Stampin’ Up! team leader Valerie Broomfield. Our latest venture was an in person class in Newtongrange, Midlothian, Scotland and this card was one of the projects we made with our lovely ladies…
We all had lots of fun adding blobs of colour to a piece of Vellum with a variety of blue Stampin’ Blends and then dripping Isopropanol 99% alcohol onto it to watch it spread, pool and form really cool shades and shapes.
Here’s a list of all of the elements for my sample card:
- a card base of Basic White Thick card measuring 21 x 14.5 cm, scored and folded on the long side at 10.5 cm
- a piece of Starry Sky card measuring 9 x 13 cm with a Deckled Rectangle die cut from the centre then embossed with a Wintry 3D embossing folder
- a piece of Basic White card measuring 8.5 x 12.5 cm, die cut with the Snowman Dies frame
- Vellum measuring 8 x 12 cm for colouring with blends and alcohol
- Basic White card measuring 8 x 12 cm to back the vellum
- scraps of Basic White and Starry Sky card for the sentiment and 3 die cut snowflakes
Once our vellum was dry we added it to the back of the Starry Sky frame with Tear & Tape. We then added the 8 x 12 cm Basic White card to the back of the vellum, making sure to not have any glue showing through the vellum. The snowflake white frame was added to the front of the Starry Sky frame and the whole lot added to the card front.
I stamped my sentiment from the Snowman Magic stamp set using Starry Sky ink on Basic White and trimmed it to fit. I backed it with Starry Sky card before adding it to my card.
I die cut 3 small snowflakes using a die from Snowman Dies and added them and some Iridescent Pearls to complete my card.
Every card was different and equally fabulous at the end of the evening. I wish I’d taken photographs but to be honest we were all having too much fun! Lol.
Our next events are as follows:
- Facebook Live on Tuesday 30 August – click here to join in the fun. Valerie and I will each make a project.
- In person event in Kelso, Scottish Borders on Thursday 8 September – use the contact form to get in touch for more details
- Facebook Live Bingo on Wednesday 14 September – click here to find out more
- In person event in Newtongrange, Midlothian on Wednesday 21 September – use the contact form to get in touch for more details
We hope you can join in with some of these fun events soon.
Shop the products
I’ve listed the products I used for today’s card below. You can click on any of the links to see that product in my online shop. The Snowman Magic stamp set and the Snowman Dies can be purchased separately but if you buy them as a bundle you’ll save 10%. I’ve shown both options in my Product List below.
If you spend £45 (before P&P) or more before 31 August 2022 you will earn a Sale-A-Bration free product. Don’t miss out on a freebie, shop now…
When you shop with me you’ll receive a handmade card and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code so that I can add in a free product to your customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List