I’ve used quite a lot of the gorgeous online exclusive One Horse Open Sleigh designer series paper pack lately and as a result I have quite a few scraps leftover. So I thought I should use them up for this scrap busting Christmas card…
This is a whole new card layout for me and it just kind of evolved as I played around with the scraps I had. I’ll list the measurements down below, but you can simply chop up the leftover pieces of your favourite patterned papers and make them fit your particular card base size. Just have fun with it!
As well as using up scraps to add layers to my card base, I even stamped the sentiment on a piece that I punched with the smaller oval with the Double Oval Punch. My sentiment comes from the Magical Meadow stamp set and I used Misty Moonlight ink…
I felt like the card needed a little bit more detail so I looked out my Christmas Pinecone dies and cut 1 large and 2 small pinecones. The background layers were cut from One Horse Open Sleigh DSP and the top layers are Crumb Cake card.
I hope you like this scrap busting Christmas card and will give it a try.
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make a card exactly the same as mine, but why not play around with the scraps you have to decide your own dimensions?
- Crumb Cake card base measuring 29 x 10.5 cm, scored & folded on the long side at 14.5 cm
- 2 pieces of One Horse Open Sleigh DSP to cover the front of the card base. One measures 14 x 5 cm and the other measures 14 x 4.5 cm
- The horizontal piece of DSP measures 4.5 x 9cm
- Crumb cake card to back the horizontal piece of DSP measuring 5 x 9.5 cm
- The vertical piece of DSP measures 5 x 13 cm
- Misty Moonlight card to back the vertical DSP measuring 5.5 x 13.5 cm
- DSP to stamp the sentiment onto and cut with the Double Oval Punch
- Misty Moonlight card to cut with the Double Oval Punch
- Crumb Cake card to cut with the Christmas Pinecone dies
- Very Vanilla card insert measuring 10 x 14 cm
shop the products
I’ve listed the products I used for today’s card below. You can click on any of the links in the Product List to visit that item in my online Stampin’ Up! store.
When you shop with me you’ll receive a handmade card, like these ones and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code. That means that I can add in a free product to your customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List