I had an idea to create a mini album, or brag book, using just 1 sheet of 12″ x 12″ designer series paper so made a quick prototype and then made this one on video…
Let’s just say it didn’t go entirely to plan and there was a bit of improvisation required! Lol. You can see what I mean by watching my video…
To make this you’ll need the following:
- Fine Art Floral DSP cut into the following sections, as shown in the video
- Two pieces that each measure 12″ x 4″, scored on the long side at 4″ and 8″
- One piece that measures 4″ x 8″, scored on the long side at 4″
- One piece that measures 4″ x 4″, cut down into 1 rectangle (2″ x 4″) and 4 triangles
- Basic White A4 card cut into the following sizes
- Four pieces that measure 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ (to tuck into the triangle flaps)
- Two pieces that measure 3″ x 3-3/4″ (to put into the large pockets)
- Three pieces that measure 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ (to make into tags)
- Scraps for sentiments and the Art Gallery flower
- I also added a piece measuring 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ square during my improvisation! So this means I used more than one sheet of A4
Here’s the final result…
I figured out that it would have worked much better if I had started with the floral side facing up and folded the left panel forward and did the concertina from that point. That would mean the pale side was at the front (to be decorated with the flower etc) and my 1/2 pocket with the tags was on the last section on the right (as I did in the video and got myself all confused!) I should never have tried to glue the ribbon to both the front and back – I knew I should have done a full practice version, lol
I hope you enjoyed this project and were at least entertained by my confusion.
I’ve listed all of the products I used for this mini album below. You can click on any of the links to be directed to that item in my online Stampin’ Up! shop. The stamp set and dies I used are available to purchase separately but if you buy them as a bundle you’ll save 10% so I’ve shown both options below.
When you shop with me I will send you a handmade card and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use my current Host Code so that I can send you an extra gift in my customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List