I didn’t manage to do a Fun Fold card last Friday so I’ve done one for your today instead and I’ve also included a video tutorial as it’s much easier than trying to explain the cutting and scoring needed! However, it is easier than it might look to create.
The front of the card looks pretty normal…
But the inside has a bit of surprise…
Here’s what it looks like from above…
And there’s lots of space to write a personal message on the back…
I’ve seen a few of these cards recently but they have all been much bigger. My card is the standard American size of 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” In my video I explain a bit more about the original card I’ve just shown you and take you through the assembly of the mechanism inside of a new version of the card…
As promised in the video, here are the sizes of card and paper I used for the second version…
- Misty Moonlight card for the base measuring 11″ x 4-1/4″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- Bumblebee card for the inside measuring 4″ x 10-1/2″
- score on the short side at 1″ and 3″
- score on the long side at 2-3/4″, 5-1/4″ and 7-3/4″
- score on the long side but only between the horizontal score lines at 1-3/8″ and 9-1/8″
- cut the short side score lines but only between 1-3/8″ and 9-1/8″ (these are the parts I marked on my trimmer that you’ll see in the video)
- Flowers for every season designer series paper pieces that measure
- 4″ x5-1/4″ for the front and the same (but a different pattern) for the back
- 3/4″ x 2-1/4″ (you need 4 of these for the inside – 2 of 2 patterns)
- 3/4″ x 2-1/2″ (you need 4 of these for the inside – 2 of 2 patterns)
- 1-1/8″ x 1-3/4″ (you need 4 of these for the inside – 2 of 2 patterns)
- 1-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ (you only need 2 of these for the middle panels inside)
- Whisper White card for stamping, punching, die cutting the ‘thanks’ and for the Stitched So Sweetly die cut on the back.
- Cinnamon Cider card measuring 3-1/2″ x 1″ for the sentiment flag
- Scraps of Bumblebee to back the stamped sentiments inside
Here’s the finished card I made in the video…
I used the Daisy Punch three times on Whisper White card for the Daisy and added a 1/2″ circle of Bumblebee card in the centre.
All of the die cut sentiments for both cards are from the Well Written dies and were adhered with the new Adhesive Sheets. I used a Stitched So Sweetly die for the back.
The stamped sentiments on both cards are all from the Well Said stamp set.
I do hope you like both of these cards!
I’ve added product links for all of the products I used in both of these cards. You can click on any of the links to start your online shopping with me.
If you have any comments or questions about these cards or any Stampin’ Up! product please use the Contact Me form in the main menu to get in touch. I’d love to help.
Heather xProduct List