Hello and thanks for joining me.
Today I’m helping two of my Stampin’ Up! demonstrator friends with a launch party for the Autumn/Winter 2019 catalogue. In preparation for this event we’ve all been busy bees creating some projects with the wonderful new products from the catalogue.
I decided to kill 2 birds with the 1 stone with this project and we used it in a paper crafting workshop last week too…
The idea for this came from page 31 of the new catalogue where there’s a suggestion to use one of the Gleaming Ornaments punches to make Christmas crackers. However, the suggestion was to score the paper every 1-3/4″ and I wanted to use the super cute, bright and cheery Night Before Christmas paper that measures 6″ x 6″; so was too small for these directions.
So, I found a work around and here are my instructions…
- Cut 6 pieces of Night Before Christmas designer series paper to measure 6” x 5 & 1/2” each
- Score on the long side at 3/4”, 1 & 1/4”, 1 & 3/4”, 4 & 1/4”, 4 & 1/2” and 5 &1/4”
- Score on the short side at 1 & 1/4”, 2 & 1/2”, 3 & 3/4” and 5”
- Fold and burnish all of the score lines with a bone folder. On the long side fold the lines to create a M shape at each end so the crackers fold nicely.
- Fold in the skinny panel on the long side and then fold the paper in half
- Use the small punch from the Gleaming Ornaments punch pack to partially punch the edges of the paper between the first and third score lines from the bottom, turn your paper and do the same on the other side. Turn your paper upside down and repeat. Then re-fold so that your punched parts are in the middle and repeat the punches again so that you end up with this..
- Add glue to the right side of the skinny panel and stick to the back of the first panel.
- Tie ribbon around one end of the cracker, add in your treats and then add ribbon to close the other end too
- Stamp the sentiments in Real Red ink onto Whisper White card. Both stamps are from the Holly Jolly Christmas stamp set. I used the tag from the Jolly Season dies for the ‘Love Santa’ and a Stitched Rectangle die for the ‘Believe’ to cut them.
- Add some Whisper White Baker’s Twine to the Love Santa tags in a bow before you add all of the sentiments to your crackers.
For the class I also wanted to create a box for the 6 crackers…
- To make the box base cut a piece of Real Red Card to measure 10” x 7 & 1/4”. Score on each side at 1”. Cut up the score lines at the corner tabs and glue inside the sides to form the box shape
- To make the box lid cut a piece of Whisper White card to meaure 10 & 1/8” x 7 & 3/8”. Score on each side at 1”. Cut up the score lines at the corner tabs and glue inside the sides to form the box shape.
- To decorate the lid, add a layer of Real Red card that measures 5” x 7 & 3/4” and a layer of Whisper White card that measures 4 & 3/4” x 7 &1/2”.
- Die cut the sentiments and Santa’s sleigh using the Jolly Season dies and Real Red Glimmer paper and add to the box lid.
This was a fun project and the ladies at our class really seemed to enjoy it.
You can fit 2 Fererro Rocher or Lindor Truffle chocolates inside or any other kind of small treat.
I’ve listed the products used in this project below and you can click on any of the links to visit my friend Valerie’s online Stampin’ Up! store to purchase them.
I’ll show you what I used the leftover 1/2 inch strips of Night Before Christmas designer series paper for soon.
Heather xProduct List