My dear friend and fellow independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator Valerie Broomfield (www.valerieshandmadegifts.co.uk) invited me to join her craft evening earlier this week.
She regularly crafts with a group of ladies and teaches lots of techniques and shares her ideas with these lucky ladies. This was my first time joining in, but won’t be my last!
She introduced us to stamping on window sheets and here’s the card I decided to make using this technique:
I absolutely adore the sparkle!!
- Firstly choose your stamp – I chose the butterfly from the Beautiful Day stamp set. Any stamp that has plenty scope for colouring would work
- Stamp your image using Stazon ink onto your window sheet
- Once the ink has dried, turn your window sheet over and start colouring in the reverse side using the Stampin’ Blends of your choice
- You may want to allow your colours to dry and then go over them again for a more intense colour
- Once you’ve finished colouring, use mini glue dots to stick your stamped image to some glimmer paper. Make sure your coloured side is at the back.
- Then using your paper snips cut out your image, ready to stick to your card
- Valerie kindly supplied us with Large Memories & More cards & envelopes – so we didn’t even need to cut our card base.
- I chose to add a layer of Basic Gray card that measures 6 x 4 inches that I’d stamped with the sentiment Always thinking of you, which is also from the Beautiful Day set. Again I used Stazon ink.
- The Basic Gray layer was added to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then the butterfly was also popped on with them, to give extra height
I hope you’ve liked this project as much as I did. I’m very grateful to have met such lovely sharing people since joining Stampin’ Up! as an independent demonstrator and can’t wait to meet more soon.
Why not join us? You can join my team and pay £99 to receive £130 worth of Stampin’ Up! products from the current annual catalogue and you’d also get to choose from the new Autumn/Winter catalogue that launches on 5 September 2018. Being able to pre-order new products is one of the many perks of being a demonstrator. If this interests you, please visit the Join My Team page in the main menu.
If you’d like to craft with your friends and are in the Edinburgh & Lothians area, please get in touch. I can come to your home, club etc and demonstrate the fabulous Stampin’ Up! products to you and your crafty friends – we could even make a start on your Christmas cards. I’d love to hear from you, just use the Contact Me form in the main menu.