I love Burt’s Bees lip balm but I must admit that I’ve never used their cuticle cream. However, I spotted some in a clearance section of a store recently and as usual I immediately thought, OOH I could make a pretty box for those!!
So here it is…
I decided to use my envelope punch board to make this one, just like the Hand Gel box I shared recently.
- My Pineapple Punch card measured 4 and 3/4 inches square.
- My first punch and score line was at 1 and 7/8th inches
- My second punch and score line was at 2 and 7/8th inches
- Turn the card 90 degrees and line up the pointer to the score lines you’ve just made and punch and score on the second edge
- Repeat this for the 2 other edges of the card
- I rounded 3 of the corners of the flaps I’d just created, again with the envelope punch board
- I then trimmed the remaining flap straight across to leave approx 1/2 and then rounded both corners of that flap
- I cut up the score lines beside the trimmed flap and the one opposite
- I burnished all the score lines to make it easier to fold the card into the box shape and used Multi-purpose glue to stick the 3 flaps I’d not trimmed together
Once the box was made it just needed to be decorated and I used some of my new Designer Series Paper that I bought in the Buy 3 get 4 promotion – I really love a bargain!!
I used Best Route as it features Pineapple Punch to coordinate with the card I’d used. I only used a strip measuring 6 and 1/2 inches by 1 and 7/8th inches; so I’ve lots left of the design I chose to use later!
I scored it on the long side at 1 and 1/2 inches and started wrapping it around my box from the back. I gently creased it at each edge and then once I’d finished I burnished them with my bone folder to get a neat fold. I then glued this right round the box so the join was at the back. To make it a bit easier to open the box I used my 1/2 inch punch to remove a notch from the front of the DSP,
I then stamped the Just For You sentiment from Rooted in Nature stamp set in Pineapple Punch ink onto Whisper White card. I used my Layering Circles dies to cut this out and to also cut a scalloped circle of Mango Melody card as this is the other colour in the DSP. I added the stamped circle to the Mango Melody one with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Finally I added a bow made from Pineapple Punch grosgrain ribbon and 3 clear rhinestones for a bit of bling.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project. I’d love to hear your comments below.
I’ve listed all of the products I’ve used and you can click on any of them to visit my online Stampin’ Up! shop anytime.