Hello! I hope you’re all having fun if you’re hopping around all the Pootles Team blogs today. I can’t wait to see what all my lovely team mates have created with the new products from the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue.
My project for you today is a milk carton sized to fit a small Yankee candle jar and a coordinating mini card…
I love the tone on tone stripes in the In Color designer series paper stack and Pineapple Punch is such a bright and cheery colour. The stripes remind me of packaging for old fashioned sweets like Sherbet Lemons and as it happens I had a lemon scented candle in need of a box.
I’ve made lots of these milk carton boxes over the years but my first was following a tutorial from our lovely Pootles leader, Sam Hammond Donald.
The measurements for the box are
- Pineapple Punch card measuring 8.26 x 10.5 inches
- Score on the long side at 2.5, 5, 7.5 and 10 inches
- Score on the short side at 2.5 and 6 inches, turn over and score at 7.5 inches
- Score on the long side again at 1.25 and 6.25 from the top edge just to the next score line. This will be used to line up diagonal lines from the top score line to the second score line. This helps the sides of the milk carton to fold in neatly.
- You will need 4 DSP panels that measure 2.25 x 3.25 inches and 2 that measure 2.25 x 1.25 inches
Check out one of Sam’s YouTube videos if you need instructions to cut and create the box.
I used stamps from the Detailed with Love set to create the sentiment on the front of the box. This set is really versatile with all the lovely sentiments and accent stamps. I used Pineapple Punch ink on Whisper White card and backed it with more Pineapple Punch card.
I used the lovely new Pineapple Punch grosgrain ribbon to close the box.
This is a small thank you gift to a friend so it needs a coordinating card. My card base is Whisper White card measuring 6 x 3 inches, scored at 3 inches on the long side and folded to create a 3 x 3 inches card. I then cut a panel of Pineapple Punch card measuring 2.75 inches square and punch each corner with the new Detailed Trio punch.
Again the sentiment and ‘squiggles’ stamps are from Detailed with Love and I used Pineapple Punch ink. The sentiment is again stamped onto Whisper White card and backed with Pineapple Punch card and then a scrap of the In Color designer series paper left over from the box.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project using new products. Please click on the blue box below to keep hopping along to see all of the wonderful ideas from the other Pootles Team members…
I’ve listed the products used in today’s project below.