Hello, I hope you are well.
Today I have a YouTube tutorial to show you how to make this trapezoid (I think!) gift box with a fun closure…
It’s a VERY long time since I did any kind of mathematics so I could be very wrong with the name of the shape, lol.
I used the designer series paper from the Sun Prints suite along with the stamps and dies from the same suite. The Nature’s Prints stamp set and Natural Prints dies are available separately or you can buy them as a bundle and save 10%. I’ve shown both options in my product list below.
I’d love you to click on the image below to check out how to make this unusual box…
Or you can watch the video by CLICKING HERE
To make this project you’ll need the following supplies:
- Gray Granite card measuring 10-1/4″ x 6-1/2″
- score on the long side at 3/4″, 1-1/2″, 3-5/8″, 6-5/8″, 8-3/4″ and 9-1/2″
- score on the short side at 2″ and 4-1/2″
- cut as shown in the video to get to this shape shown below (I mistakingly did this in 2 stages in my video!!)
- remember also to punch the holes for the ribbon before you assemble the box!!
- Then mark the top and bottom centre panels at 3/4″ in from each end and score a diagonal line as shown in the video
- Sun Prints designer series paper
- 2 pieces measuring 2-1/4″ x 1-7/8″
- 2 pieces measuring 2-1/4″ x 5/8″
- 2 pieces measuring 2-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ – these need to be marked at 5/8″ from each end of the long side and the resulting triangles cut off (as shown in the video)
- Ribbon & Twine
The base of the finished gift box measures 3″ x 2-1/2″ and the top measures just 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ because of the sloping sides. It measures 2″ in height though so you can get plenty of sweeties inside!
And here’s the one I made in my video along with the original one…
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and will try it out too.
Shop the products
I’ve listed the products I used for this project below. You can click on any of the links in the Product List to visit that item in my online Stampin’ Up! store. As I mentioned earlier, the Nature’s Prints stamp set and the Natural Prints dies can be purchased separately but if you buy them as a bundle you’ll save 10%. I’ve shown both options in my Product List below.
When you shop with me you’ll receive a handmade card and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code so that I can add in a free product to your customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List