Yesterday I took part in the Pootlers team blog hop showcasing products from the new January to April 2023 mini catalogue. If you missed the blog hop then please CLICK HERE to take a look. There’s lots of fabulous inspiration but be warned, if you’re anything like me, your wish list might expand! Lol.
This is the gift box I shared yesterday using the Beautiful Thistle stamp set and dies along with the Dry Brushed Metallic paper…
I love the way you pull the top part to open the box…
Although it’s called an impossible box, it’s actually quite easy to make, once you know how!
And as promised in my post yesterday, I’ve got a YouTube tutorial on how to make this fun gift box. You can simply click on the image below to watch it…
Or you can CLICK HERE to pop over and watch it on YouTube
To make the box in my video you’ll need the following:
- Calypso Coral card measuring 5-1/2″ x 7-3/8″
- scored on the short side at 1-1/4″, 2-1/2″, 3-3/4″ and 5″
- scored on the long side at 1-1/4″, 5-1/2″, 6-1/8″ and 6-3/4″
- with the 3 equal parallel lines at the top, make a pencil mark on the 2nd score line at 5/8″ from the edge or left hand vertical score line as shown in the video. You’ll use these marks to cut out the triangles so the lid folds correctly.
- Dry Brushed metallic paper as follows:
- 4 pieces measuring 1″ x 4″
- 4 pieces measuring 1″ x 3/8″
- Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral and Gold Foil for die cutting the thistle
- Calypso Coral card for the sentiment (at least 1-1/4″ square)
The finished box measures 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and is a perfect fit for a 30ml (1 US fl oz) from The Body Shop.
Here’s a closer look at how the top opens…
And what’s inside…
I really do hope you’ve enjoyed this fun gift box and will give it a try.
I mentioned the Sale-A-Bration joining deal in my video and you can get more information by clicking on the image below:
Shop The Products
I’ve listed the products I used for this box below. You can click on any of the links to be directed to that item in my online Stampin’ Up! store. The Beautiful Thistle stamp set and dies can be purchased separately but you’ll save 10% if you buy them as a bundle, so I’ve shown both options in my Product List below.
Sale-A-Bration is now on so if your order is £45 (60€) you’ll automatically earn an exclusive FREE product. This promotion will end on 28 February 2023…
When you shop with me I will send you a handmade card and little gift. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code when you shop, so that I can add an extra gift to your customer thank you pack for the month. See the Host Code page in the main menu for more details. When your order is £150 or more you’ll get your own Stampin’ Rewards to spend, so don’t use my code then.
Heather xProduct List