Hello, I hope you are well.
I saw the cutest thing the other day, a wee Scottie dog wearing a tartan coat! It was a pity I was driving and couldn’t take a photograph to share with you, he looked adorable! As a tribute to him I’ve been playing with the Christmas Scottie stamp set and coordinating Scottie Dog punch to create some boxes for shortbread fingers…
The great thing about this style of box is that you can make them up in advance, fully decorate them and store them flat until you are ready to use them; and you don’t need any glue at that stage as the top and bottom just tuck in…
You can see exactly how to make this box by clicking on the image below to watch my tutorial…
To make this box you’ll need the following:
- Real Red card measuring 7″ x 6″
- score on the long side at 2-1/2″, 3-1/4″, 5-3/4″ and 6-1/2″
- score on the short side at 1/2″, 1-1/4″, 4-3/4″ and 5-1/2″
- cut as shown in the video
- Basic White card for the front of the box measuring 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Basic White card for stamping and decorating the other panels cut as follows
- 1 piece = 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- 2 pieces = 1/2″ x 3-1/4″
- 1 piece = 1/2″ x 2-1/4″
- Basic Black card to punch the Scottie Dog
- Real Red glimmer paper to punch the bow
- Embellishments as required
I hope you like today’s box and will give it a go.
Shop the products
I’ve listed the products I used for today’s box below. You can click on any of the links to see that product in my online shop. The Christmas Scottie stamp set and the Scottie Dog punch can be purchased separately but if you buy them as a bundle you’ll save 10%. I’ve shown both options in my Product List below.
If you spend £45 (before P&P) or more before 31 August 2022 you will earn a Sale-A-Bration free product. Don’t miss out on a freebie, shop now…
When you shop with me you’ll receive a handmade card and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code so that I can add in a free product to your customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List