Today I want to share a fun Halloween gift box idea with you…
I had the idea to make 2 boxes, hinge them together and decorate them with this fun paper from the Celebrate Everything Host paper pack. I worked out my measurements and that was about as far as I got before deciding to make a video. Let’s just say that the decoration didn’t go exactly to plan so if I were to give you any advice on this project it would be…
Wait until you’ve assembled the boxes before you add your patterned paper so you avoid the confusion and waste I experienced!!
You can watch my Halloween nightmare by clicking on the image below… I get there in the end! LOL
To make this you’ll need the following:
- Basic Black card measuring 8-1/4 x 11″ (or 8-1/2″ x 11″ if using US letter sized card)
- cut in half to measure 8-1/4 x 5-1/2″ (or 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ if using US letter sized card)
- score each one on the long side at 3″, 4″, 7″ & 8″
- score each one on the short side at 1″, 4″ & 5″
- Celebrate Everything designer series paper measuring
- 2 pieces measuring 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- 2 pieces measuring 3/4″ x 2-3/4″ with pattern running vertically
- 2 pieces measuring 3/4″ x 2-3/4″ with pattern running horizontally
- White card for stamping and cutting with the Alphabest bundle & Cottage Wreaths stamp
- Metallic Mesh ribbon
The finished boxes each measure 3″ x 3″ x 1″ so are great for all sorts of Trick or Treat gifts!
Despite my decorating disasters in the video I really enjoyed making this and love the end result! I hope you’ll give this project as try too.
Shop the products
I’ve listed the products I used for today’s card below. You can click on any of the links to see that product in my online shop.
If you spend £45 (before P&P) or more before 31 August 2022 you will earn a Sale-A-Bration free product, like the Amazing Phrasing stamp set I used for today’s projects. Don’t miss out on a freebie, shop now…
When you shop with me you’ll receive a handmade card and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code so that I can add in a free product to your customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List