I was recently contacted about a box that I’d made for a Christmas gift back in 2017! For some bizarre reason the blog post for that project didn’t include any measurements. So, I worked out what I think I did way back then and recreated the box.
This photo gives you an idea of the size of it compared with that Yankee votive candle…
It really is huge!!
You can see how to create this by clicking on the image below to watch my YouTube tutorial…
Now, my calculations and notes weren’t quite right in the video, so I got myself well and truly confused for a wee while! To be honest, it’s not too hard to confuse me, lol!
To make this box you’ll need the following supplies:
- Starry Sky 12″ x 12″ card
- score on side 1 at 2-7/8″, 5-3/4″, 8-5/8″ and 11-1/2″
- turn the card 90 degrees clockwise
- score on side 2 at 2-7/8″, 9″ and 11-1/2″
- turn back to where you started
- score side 1 at 4-5/16″ and 10-1/8″ from the top down to the first (1/2″) score line
- This is where I got all confused in the video, but actually got it right in the end!!
- Starry Sky 6″ x 6″ DSP cut as follows
- 2 pieces = 2-3/4″ x 2-3/8″
- 4 pieces = 2-3/4″ x 6″
- Very Vanilla card for the sentiment and flowers
My sentiment is from the Flowers of Friendship stamp set and I used Starry Sky ink on Very Vanilla card and cut it with one of the dies from the All That set.
I stamped the flowers from the Flowers of Friendship stamp with Orchid Oasis and Sweet Sorbet inks onto Very Vanilla card and cut them them the Flowers & Leaves punch. My final touches were that fabulous Metallic Mesh ribbon and Elegant Faceted gems.
This photo should give you an idea of what can fit inside this great big box! These are full sized 125ml tubes and both of them fit inside…
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and will be tempted to give it a try.
Shop the products
I’ve listed the products I used for today’s card below. You can click on any of the links to see that product in my online shop.
When you shop with me you’ll receive a handmade card and gift as a token of my appreciation. If your order is under £150 please use the current Host Code so that I can add in a free product to your customer thank you pack for the month. Find out more on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Heather xProduct List