Today I’m taking in part in the latest Inspire.Create.Challenge, which is to create a piece of home decor. You can check out what the design team created for this challenge by CLICKING HERE
I have been tempted to make a framed sampler with Stampin’ Up! products for such a long time, but never quite got around to it. This challenge has inspired me to get it done and here it is…
The most difficult part of this project was trying to get decent photographs! I removed the glass from the frame and used what little natural light I get in my craft room to avoid too much glare, especially on that gorgeous pearlescent speciality paper.
Here’s some close ups of parts of the sampler…
Here’s what I did to create this project:
- I cut the following pieces of Night of Navy card
- 1 piece measuring 3″ x 3″
- 2 pieces measuring 2″ x 2″
- 2 pieces measuring 2″ x 3″
- 2 pieces measuring 2″ x 5-1/4″
- I cut the following pieces of Sand & Sea designer series paper (DSP)
- 1 piece measuring 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″
- 2 pieces measuring 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″
- 2 pieces measuring 1-7/8 x 2-7/8″ (I stamped one of these with a sentiment)
- 2 pieces measuring 1-7/8 x 5-1/8″ (I stamped one of these with a sentiment)
- I used the largest die from the Seaside Seashells to cut pearlised speciality paper, stamped the corresponding shells on it and set aside to dry.
- Once dry I embossed it with the Seashells 3D embossing folder and then snipped it apart to use in each section of the sampler.
- I stamped and cut extra pieces from the pearlescent paper and some more DSP
- I added the Night of Navy and DSP pieces to Sahara Sand card measuring 8-1/4″ x 8-1/4″, which fits into the frame I had
- I added the shells with a combination of liquid glue and dimensionals
I’ve listed all of the Stampin’ Up! products I used below. You can click on any of the links to visit my online shop to make a purchase.
When you shop with me I will send you a handmade card and little gift. If your order is under £150 please use my current Host Code so that I can send you an extra gift in your customer thank you pack for the month. You can get full details on the Host Code page in the main menu.
Why don’t you have a go at the Inspire.Create.Challenge and use your paper crafting supplies to make some home decor?
Heather xProduct List