Hello and thank you for visiting my blog.
Yesterday I took part in the InspireInk Blog Hop with this autumnal rectangular impossible box…
And as promised, today I’d like to show you how I made this box. Please take a look at this video…
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own version of this box:
- Bumblebee card measuring 10″ x 7-1/2″
- scored on the long side at 3-1/4”, 4-3/4″, 8″ and 9-1/2″
- scored on the short side at 1-1/2″, 5″, 5-3/4″ and 6-1/2″
- with the long side at the top, fold along the 2nd horizontal score line from the top and then make marks at 3/4″, 4″, 5-1/2″ and 8-3/4″
- use these marks to cut diagonally as shown in the video tutorial
- Whisper White card stamped with the Forever Fern stamp set using the ink pads in the Product List below. Cut this into the following sizes
- 2 pieces that each measure 3″ x 2-1/4″
- 2 pieces that each measure 1-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- 2 pieces that each measure 3″ x 3/4″
- 2 pieces that each measure 1-1/4″ x 3/4″
- Scrap pieces of Whisper White and Terracotta Tile card for stamping and cutting with the Layering Circles dies.
- A small piece of the Forever Gold Speciality Designer Series Paper
Here’s a photo of the box I made in the video…
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project. If you have, I really would appreciate it if you’d pop over to YouTube and give me a like and a comment. Subscribing to my YouTube channel would really make my day!!
I’ve listed all of the products I used for today’s box below. You can click on any of the product links to start your online Stampin’ Up! shopping with me as your independent demonstrator if you’re in the UK.
This project was inspired by my lovely friend Anne-Marie’s project that you can find by CLICKING HERE
I love to treat everyone that shops with me and if your order is under £150 please make sure you use this month’s Host Code so I can include an extra gift with your Customer Thank You Pack. Check out the Host Code page for more info.
If you didn’t take a look at the other 3D projects in yesterday’s blog hop you can click on the blue box below to do so now…
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Heather xProduct List
[…] InspireInk Blog Hop Tutorial – rectangular impossible box […]
Love love love this box! I have never seen an impossible box and can’t wait to try making one.
I am already wondering if I could adjust it to other sizes? I can’t wait to try
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Mary! 😀 I hope you have lots of fun xx
I was trying to make one of the boxes today, and I found a mistake on your printed measurements on your blog. For scoring the long side, the first score should be at 3 1/4:” not 3 1/2″. Thought maybe you’d like to change that. Would save some frustration. It wasn’t until I cut and scored my second piece that I realized the mistake was in the directions, not my scoring.
Mary I am SO sorry for my mistake and wasting your card stock! I have updated the measurements now. Thank you so much for letting me know xx