I want to show you another project I made for my friend Valerie’s catalogue launch party last week. It was great to play with some of new products to create this Christmas wreath…
Here are my instructions for this lovely little project…
- Use the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack to cut the baubles from Wrapped In Plaid speciality designer series paper, Gold Glimmer paper and Gold Foil sheet
- Add to your wreath (I used a 20cm diameter rattan one) with a hot glue gun
- Add some Shimmery Crystal Effects to your wreath to give it a subtle shine, leave to dry
- Colour some Whisper White Baker’s twine with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend and set aside to dry
- Stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set in Versmark ink onto Very Vanilla card, add Gold Stampin’ Emboss powder and heat set. Cut with the 2” circle punch.
- Use the Starburst punch on Cherry Cobbler card and add this to the back of the stamped circle.
- Punch a hole in the circles (I used the Detailed Trio Punch) so you can thread through your coloured twine. Add a Jingle Bell to the twine first.
- Add some Cherry Cobbler Diagonal Stripe Ribbon to the top of your wreath and add a bow from the same ribbon on top.
- Thread your twine under the ribbon and tie in a knot so that it’s hidden by the ribbon and your sentiment swings freely.
- Use more of the twine to add some other Jingle Bells to the wreath and tie in a knot at the back
Here’s a close up of the heat embossed sentiment, the coloured twine and that cute little jingle bell…
I love the gold foiling on the Wrapped In Plaid speciality designer series paper, it makes it look so elegant and ties in with the gold foil and glimmer paper I’ve used.
This was fun to make and it was easy to make a plain wreath look much more posh! Lol.
I’ve listed the Stampin’ Up! products I used below and you can click on the links to visit my friend Valerie’s online store at any time. Although, some of the new products are already on backorder as they’ve been really popular, so don’t wait around too long!
Heather xProduct List