If you read my blog regularly (THANK YOU) you may remember that for my recent birthday I used the luxurious Broadway Bound speciality designer series paper (DSP) to make thank you gift bags for my friends and family. I was left with rather a lot of 12″ x 4″ strips of the DSP, so I decided to start chopping them up for cards and here’s the first of many…
- I started with a card base of Whisper White measuring 21 x 14.5 cm, scored and folded on the long side at 10.5 cm to create a landscape tent fold.
- I added a layer of Basic Black card measuring 14 x 10 cm and then a piece of Broadway Bound DSP measuring 13.5 x 10.5 cm.
- I ran a strip of Tear & Tape adhesive along the centre of my card and arranged some Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon in an M shape across the card. The rest of the adhesive strip will be covered with the sentiment.
- I cut another piece of Basic Black card and cut the ends of it with my Triple Banner Punch.
- I used the Celebrate You Thinlits dies to cut the word Celebrate from Gold Foil sheet and then ran it through my Big Shot again in the Softly Falling embossing folder to give it some extra texture and to tie in with the circles on the DSP.
- I added my die cut to the banner and then added the banner to my card using foam adhesive strips
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project, especially if today marks a celebration for you! I’d love to hear what you’re celebrating in the comments below.
I’ve listed all of the products used in today’s project below. You can click on any of them to visit my online Stampin’ Up! store at any time. I’d be honoured to be your independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. If your order is under £150 please remember to use this month’s Host Code so that I can send you an extra gift. Please see the Host Code page for more information on this.
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting,